We all know that dogs bark and through this barking they use to communicate with each other the same way humans do. Body language and sounds are the two ways through which dogs like humans use to communicate.
Barking is for dogs what language is for people. As to the body language we can see movement of eyes, tail, head, ears, and eyebrows, all of them being as instruments of showing on the outside what is on the inside of a dog. When your pet dog is holding his tail up, it means that he signals dominance, and when wagging it excitedly it means that he is happy and playful.
But as mentioned before, dogs do not use merely the body language but also the barking which has evolved from the stage of brief wolf howling to the long rhythmical stanzas of barking. While wolves use to howl on very rare occasions, dogs do this quite often as a result of their evolution from the wild stage to that of a domesticated dog.
Through studies performed in dog barking it has been found that there several types of dog barking and reasons for doing so:
* A warning bark – it can be described as a quite bark in a low sound which in time can turn into stringer grumble to result eventually in a howling growl. When being used by a dog, this sound means a possible danger more commonly related to territorial violation. In case your dog will go on with this type of bark then you should know that a threat has been sensed.
* Alarm bark – will result in brief barks that will keep on like this until the dog is aware that some action is going to take place. This sort of bark takes place mostly whenever the dog hasn’t got the visibility for the specific sound that has drawn his attention, such as a honk on the driveway or the bell ringing.
* A continuous barking – is a way through which a dog will let you know that he is alone and also that the feels very lonely. This is the way through which he begs for attention.
* Yelping – can occur as a single one or it be presented in a series of yelps generated by pain and it is related also to how severe the yelp is.
* Stutter barking – it is inappropriate to apply the label of stutter to the dog barking as it is the only way to define this type of barking. It sounds mostly like a broken sound of the regular bark when he feels like playing. A tone that is ascending will also mean that your pet dog is excited.
There is an attempt through which dog barking can be understood as different meanings have been found with every type of dog barking. Some motions are also related to the type of barking making the spectrum of interpretations much wider depending of course with the nature of the context that has led to the specific sound of barking.